Our vision is to restore and empower vessels for effective ministry, to develop a church whose ministries will affect the lives of believers, who will then live to God's fullest potential for their live.
REDEMPTION WORSHIP CENTRE was founded by Archbishop Dr. C. Lloyd Battieste with the support of his wife and a few faithful believers holding prayer meetings and Bible studies in the living room of an apartment located at 1393 Wilson Avenue, Toronto, in the year 1983.
Through much prayer, supplication and the desire to reach out to others in the community, the Lord directed them to the Driftwood Community Centre where the first Worship Service was held on the Sunday evening of June 3, 1984; thus Redemption Worship Centre became a reality. From this grew the dreams and aspiration of Christians seeking to make a difference.
With Pastor C. L. Battieste leading the flock, the church grew both spiritually and numerically. As the membership grew, they were compelled to move to more accommodating premises on three different occasions.
REDEMPTION WORSHIP CENTRE'S’ goals and purposes are:
- To preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all people of all nationality. The message that we preach is that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, crucified, buried, and resurrected on the third day. He died for the atonement and cleansing of our sins, so that we, as God's people, might receive salvation, redemption and fellowship back with God our Heavenly Father.
- This mission will be accomplished through the preaching, teaching, and ministering of the word of God.
- To provide fellowship without bondage, unity without compromise.
RWC is an independent ministry: Christ is the Head of our Ministry and the Bible is our sole rule for faith and practice, (2 Timothy 3:16).
REDEMPTION WORSHIP CENTRE BELIEVES:
- That MISSIONS is the life of the church (Matthew 28:19-20);
- That, if that “OLD TIME RELIGION” was good enough for our forefathers, then, it is good enough for us.
- That the church, which Jesus started during His public ministry, is still active today holding the same faith, practice and doctrine as it did 2000 years ago.
Time of Services
11:00am – 11:55am == Christian Education Hour.
12:00noon –3:00pm == Worship Celebration
(First Sundays 7:00pm == Lord’s Supper Celebration)
7:00pm—9:30pm == Bible School (RIC)
7:00pm—8:00pm == Prayer Hour
8:00pm –9:00pm == Bible Study Hour
7:00pm—9:00pm == Youth Ministry
7:00pm—9:00pm == Women of Covenant Ministry
First Saturdays 9:00am—12:00noon == Fasting Service